[Cryptography] Photojournalists & filmmakers want cameras, to be encrypted

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 12:24:20 PST 2016

 From: grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com>

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Joshua Marpet
><joshua.marpet at guardedrisk.com> wrote:
>> I'm possibly being naive, but I don't see encryption (past hashing) as
>> needed. tell me where I'm wrong?

>Encryption _options_ are definitely *required*.
>You don't want to turn it on, fine, don't. Some will ship that way.
>Some other user does, fine, they will. Some will ship that way.

Not only that, but for the benefit of the newbies around here, some type of steganographic (hiding the information) system should be included as well.   A photographer of controversial subjects would presumably love to be able to fill his SD card with hundreds of innocuous photographs, of tourist traps, flowers, trees, beaches, sunsets, or anything which would back up his chosen cover-story.  Apparently the ability to hold hidden files is already provided-for in SD cards, conveniently enough.