oil supply sigint

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Thu Dec 15 08:12:19 PST 2016

On 12/15/2016 01:10 AM, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:

> On 12/13/2016 02:34 AM, grarpamp wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 1:24 PM, #$%& <#$%&#$%&@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>         nuke is worse than oil and has the same 'geopolitical
>>>         dependencies'.
>> I know it has sourcing and mining issues but we know
>> safe open crowd reviewed plant designs and open
>> inspections are possible for those bold enough to
>> set aside secret corp profit bullshit, and obviously there
>> are zero emissions, except for waste. And maybe
>> similar source reserve timescales as hydrocarbon fuels.
> The issues I have with nuclear energy, are that when things go wrong...
> they go *really* wrong. Sure, they may not fail as often as they used
> to, but that doesn't mean shit isn't going to *really* go sideways when
> it does.
>
> Seriously, the Fukushima disaster makes the Exxon Valdez and Deepwater
> Horizon incidents look like a few guys pissed in the ocean. Nom nom nom
> radioactive fish...

Sigh... Don't forget about the thousands of abandoned capped-off wells
in the Gulf with deteriorated concrete casing leaking continually and
unchecked (map and more on request)

But about Nuclear Power...

Just in, radioactive water plume hits West Coast:

No danger seen from Fukushima 'fingerprint' on US West Coast
http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2016/1213/No-danger-seen-from-Fukushima-fingerprint-on-US-West-Coast

But that report isn't REALLY 'breaking'. That report is based on Woods
Hole findings it took a YEAR for CSM to get around to:
https://www.whoi.edu/news-release/fukushima-higher-levels-offshore

And thanks for all the radioactive tuna, too.
https://swfsc.noaa.gov/textblock.aspx?Division=FRD&id=20593

No matter ... since everything but the Southern Ocean is fished out. 90%
of the 'food fish' are gone, and that 'whitefish' in your
fishsticks/patties/etc. is whatever they can find with white flesh...
Off the coast of Chile.

Ps. Peak Farming per Scientific American. Sixty Year until Soylent Green
is reality.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/only-60-years-of-farming-left-if-soil-degradation-continues/

Fuck the kids. Just give 'em an iphone, PokemonGo and tell 'em to stfu.

Rr