oil supply sigint

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 23:56:15 PST 2016

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 2:37 PM, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>         ...waste being a serious, unsolved problem?

Halflife is a bitch. But unlike all the other shit we pump into
the air / water, nuke waste localized, and all of it forever could
be stored on perhaps a 250 sq km or so reservation.
As with all of nuke, its problems are not technical
but are political, regulation, secrecy, ignorance.

> http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/03/20/suntech-bankruptcy/2002429/

>         I don't thinkt it's their moeny. It's the money they get
>         through subsidies. But just in case I get accused
>         of...something. Oil is heavily subsidized too.

Subsidy / redistribution should probably not be used to
prop up dumb legacy shit that's already been done and
has questionable future. If stuck with subsidy, better it
be for something better.

>         Like suntech?

Sure. And the article seems clear they overfinanced, overfabbed
and overproduced into miscalculated demand, among other things,
and killed themselves. Their problem. Not a problem with solar.
Solar installs and installed base are growing globally, see the
previous links.

> Anyway, the underlying problem is that there's
> no real market for energy. The current energy 'market' being a
> poster child for crony capitalism, including the 'hight tech'

Certainly no real consumer level market.
Other than consumers with solar on their roofs competing with
their electric company. There's no real multiple overlay n-mile
energy delivery infrastructure to the end user premise. But there
is some legit sell / buy / deliver on the supply side the closer
you get to production point.