Aaron Swartz - the real reason he was murdered

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 22:03:19 PST 2016

On Dec 12, 2016 2:20 AM, "John Newman" <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:

> On December 11, 2016 11:47:20 PM EST, Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
> >
> >I filter out what I don't want. Others do the same. I don't decide for
others, and I want no one to decide for me.

Agreed.  I love the absence of moderation, even being a moderator in other
discussion and mailing lists.

We are a pretty heterogeneous group, with all kind of persons here.  So,
the best option, more coherent with a cypherpunk list and its anarchist
ideals, would be to permiss that the own members regulate the list, with no
centralized moderation, using -- or not! -- their good sense,
self-moderation and filters.

This list will auto-regulate itself in an organic and natural way, with the
members' answers and comments, actions and reactions.

> I think that's the final word on cypherpunks moderation.
> It's a terrible idea actually - who do we give powers of moderation to?

It would be pretty hard, almost impossible to be completely impartial
here...  An example:  - I would deny this kind of responsability here
because I would feel a 'censor' in this list, not a moderator.  I certainly
would kick-ban Zzz and eat a burrito to celebrate!  :P

"Burro" in Portuguese is "donkey" and, even being a substantive, it can be
used as adjective to say that 'someone is stupid, limited'.  Example:  "Zz
is very 'burro'.  The diminutive would be "burrinho", but "burrito" would
also be accepted as "little donkey" here and celebrate Zzz's expulsion
eating burritos with much salsita, guacamole, lemon and lots of chiles
('peppers', not the 'meat chilli', please)  would be great and pretty
funny, yay!!!  :D

Or pizza, because Italian food is always perfect, one of the possible
proofs of God's existence!  #truelove  (*-*)  <3

> Much simpler to do as Mirimir has suggested and do your own filtering;
it's trivial to setup, as you must know =)

Good night, sweet dreams and much love, Cypherpunks.  I'll try to get some
sleep, listening to the rain and feeling its wonderful smell...  <3

Ceci