reason vs. rationalization

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 18:21:36 PST 2016

On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 07:12:20 -0500
John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:

> >> The barrier between the two gets
> >> a bit fuzzy when Goedel's work
> >

> >    Pseudo intellectual charlatan trying to look cool by invoking
> >    a 'well known' pseudo intellectual charlatan
>

> Wait - how is Goedel a "pseudo intellectual charlatan"?
> Because he believed in God?

	I didn'r know he was some sort of christian (but thankfully not
	a catholic eh, those are the bad christians - ask rayzer).

	What bothers me about the philosophy of mathematics is the
	attempt at finding some ultimate 'foundation' for the whole
	thing, though I  realize that Goedel was rather on the opposite
	side of the so called logical positivists...

> His personal religious beliefs, as misguided as they may have been,
> don't discount his body of work.

	True. Well at least for the more technical stuff.