USA Universities learn the consequences of disrespecting free speech

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Dec 5 14:18:58 PST 2016

On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 06:44:11AM -0800, Razer wrote:

> On 12/04/2016 11:35 PM, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:
>
> > Companies decide that an advertising contract no longer suits their
> > business needs, whatever those needs may be, all the time. Often they
> > don't write a press release about it and explain their choices, but
> > apparently in this case Kellogg's got enough complaints that they felt
> > this was necessary.
>
> DUDE You're arguing for the FREE Market system.
>
> Despite their lips moving making sounds that they are the most ardent
> supporters of Fre Markets, Most of the Libertarians I've met or read
> only believe in Free Markets when it's 'free' the way THEY want it to be
> free.

Kellogg made a big public announcement, where's Shawen's other examples,
such as BMW, just quietly did what they chose to do, without making the
big public announcement and proclaims that these situations are the same
- that is, that one is no more nor less political than the other, and
implies that Breitbart is "in the wrong" for their counter-boycott
(similarly public).

No one's speaking against the "free market" here (not that we have a
free market in the West, another story).

Politics, that IS what's happening here between Kellogg and Breitbart.

You can miss that point in a thousand emails, but doing so is, I'm sorta
grasping at straws here, perhaps unlikely to make this point go away.

Not that I want logic to prevail or anything ... what would the world be
without culturally enriching logic-free diatribes and emotive swipes at
individual's attempting to understand situations.