I Am a Dangerous Professor

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Dec 4 14:15:06 PST 2016

On Sun, Dec 04, 2016 at 02:28:46PM +0000, Ben Tasker wrote:
> Digging around, it looks like this is the post that lead to him being added
> to that list -
> http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/12/24/dear-white-america/
>
> It's quite long, and self-indulgent at times, but worth a read. I can see
> how some would object to it though, a letter saying "If you're white,
> you're racist, even if you've never been racist, check your privilege" is
> something that's just not going to go down well.

But a great dialectic to catalyze. How excellent :)

To be triggered, or to do a double take even and think "huh, am I
understanding what this one's saying?" is a good achievement on his
part.

Trigger a bigot today - put forward a contentious proposition.

>   You may have never used the N-word in your life, you may hate the
>   K.K.K., but that does not mean that you don’t harbor racism and
>   benefit from racism.
>
> Not sure I agree with the whole idea of  the professor watchlist, but I'm
> not entirely surprised he landed on it. But, good for him in continuing to
> stand and speak up for what he believes.

Ack.

Me thinks those professors might be receiving a greater level of
interest in their ideas at this point. Streissand Effect an all that...
Let's hope this watch list helps to get more folk reading, and we can
hope, even putting some effort into thinking about oneself and ones
views.

Trigger a totalitarian today - disagree with them.

--
    Certified  Deplorable  Fake  News  Nazi (TM)(C)(R)
     Executive Director of Vice, Ministry of Winning