[WAR] ...

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Wed Aug 31 22:43:49 PDT 2016

On 08/31/2016 11:47 PM, Александр wrote:
> this has already been discussed dozens of times (on the thread
> about "offtopic" posts) -> Zen is NOT talking to himself. There are
> thousands of people here on the list. Only~15 of them participate
> most of the discussions. The rest - read and/or answer privately.
>
> By the way, if you are so A-political dude, you could always
> filter these/all of Zen's letters.

Technologists are likely to assume that political problems are
products of stupidity, and that putting their own kind of intelligence
in the driver's seat would automatically create optimum solutions to
all those problems.  Maybe so, but only if that intelligence is given
relevant and accurate data to work from:  Context is everything, and
in a world dominated by indoctrinated ideologies nothing is more
subversive than the facts.

The article cited in the original post is a commentary on this essay:

http://www.the-american-interest.com/2016/04/17/toward-a-global-realignm
ent/

=or=

https://tinyurl.com/zbig180

Wherein Brzezinski says:

"While no state is likely in the near future to match America’s
economic-financial superiority, new weapons systems could suddenly
endow some countries with the means to commit suicide in a joint
tit-for-tat embrace with the United States, or even to prevail.
Without going into speculative detail, the sudden acquisition by some
state of the capacity to render America militarily inferior would
spell the end of America’s global role. The result would most probably
be global chaos. And that is why it behooves the United States to
fashion a policy in which at least one of the two potentially
threatening states becomes a partner in the quest for regional and
then wider global stability, and thus in containing the least
predictable but potentially the most likely rival to overreach.
Currently, the more likely to overreach is Russia, but in the longer
run it could be China.

"Since the next twenty years may well be the last phase of the more
traditional and familiar political alignments with which we have grown
comfortable, the response needs to be shaped now. During the rest of
this century, humanity will also have to be increasingly preoccupied
with survival as such on account of a confluence of environmental
challenges. Those challenges can only be addressed responsibly and
effectively in a setting of increased international accommodation. And
that accommodation has to be based on a strategic vision that
recognizes the urgent need for a new geopolitical framework.

... and that's a paradigm shift, coming as it does from the man who
created Al Qaida and laid the foundation for today's business as usual
methods for regime change a.k.a. NeoColonial conquest.

We now return to our regularly scheduled Cypherpunks, a world of pure
imagination where smart people like us would rise to the top of the
social hierarchy on merit alone and fix the world, if only those
damned [scapegoat name here] would get the hell out of our way.

:o)