Appelbaum, CDC, CCC

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Aug 23 19:22:48 PDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 12:50:47AM +0000, Sean Lynch wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> > On 08/23/2016 04:46 PM, juan wrote:

> > >       Tell us, Sean. How long before google's 'AI' can detect hate
> > >       speech against womyn and send drones to summarily execute the
> > >       criminals?
> >
> > See Shumeet Baluja's _Silicon Jungle_. He's with Google ;)
> >

> Thanks for the recommendation. Bought a copy (via Google, because I'm lazy
> & the DRM is easier to break on Linux than Amazon's).
>
> Data mining and throwing people in jail for "precrimes" using parallel
> construction to back-construct a plausible evidence trail is already
> commonplace. It's more than a little silly that it's "feminazis" that juan
> and his ilk are afraid of

Sean, are you actually lacking in the self awareness to discern your own
offensive rhetoric?

Or are you actually intending to offend?

Is it that you want to say "there's no feminazi's now running Tor Inc,
and if there are, we shouldn't be at all worried about them anyway"?

Or otherwise, what the fuck are you trying to say - because you're
sounding like a real ass...

> when people are being entrapped and imprisoned
> right now for having beliefs many of us on this list share, just because
> they got fooled into taking some tiny step in the direction of some illegal
> means of doing something about it (i.e. the crime of "conspiracy").

False dichotomy. No point going there...