FM Corporations/ businesses/ entitities

Sean Lynch seanl at literati.org
Tue Aug 23 16:58:36 PDT 2016

Whoops, this got buried among other cpunks threads because your mail client
apparently supports "list reply" (of which I'm a fan, don't get me wrong),
and Inbox apparently isn't smart enough to pop out threads I've replied to
if they don't have me in the recipients list.

While I've been considering going back to running my own server for some
time, I'm afraid I am currently using Gmail via the now
deprecated/grandfathered free tier of "Google apps for your domain," which
makes me feel like something of a second class citizen because it tends to
get various products last, for example it does not work with Google Fi, and
you can't set up a Google Play family account. Which seems idiotic since
families seem like a pretty major use case for Apps for your Domain... but
again, the free tier is deprecated :-/

Of course, I can't complain too much about it; it's already a huge problem
in SIlicon Valley that we tend to build solutions that work well for us and
far less well for the other 99.999% of the population. But it would be nice
if we could figure out how to make something as important as an email
address more portable for regular people by making it super easy to have a
custom domain that you use for just yourself or your family or whatever.