Revolt Against Tor Over Rape Claims, Process, Board, Etc

Jester jester at cock.li
Sun Aug 21 21:14:50 PDT 2016

Razer:
> Me: "Jake was taxing them about flawed protocol? Really!"
>
> The other: "No, no directly - he was saying that protocol hardening is
> what as needed, but the USG funders want browser improvements. UX over
> substance.

22:30 < mikeperry> I have no doubt that the CIA would find Tor useful,
and its
funding would not comrpromise us, but as I said then, the optics would be so
bad that the et improvement to Tor from such funding would not be worth
the bad
PR
22:31 < ioerror> mikeperry: Funding does compromise us
22:31 < ioerror> I am clear on that now.
22:31 < ioerror> Tor is compromised.
22:31 < ioerror> When we are paid to work on a browser rather than anonymity
improvements of Tor HS, we are co-opted
22:31 < ioerror> It is a faustian pact
22:32 < ioerror> When we set the road map and found funders to fund us,
it was
different
22:32 < ioerror> we haven't done that for a long time
22:32 < ioerror> The money has corrupted us
22:32 < ioerror> And now, we're hoping for influence

Full chat log: https://archive.is/2geXW