Revolt Against Tor Over Rape Claims, Process, Board, Etc

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 19:32:51 PDT 2016

Reply to self to mask an anon who didn't write to list.

> Anyone ever scroll down to the bottom of the #torstrike hashtag?
> I did. It was none other than Andrea from Tor Inc.
> https://twitter.com/jmprcx/status/767466915765903360

That was the first use I *happened* to see, doesn't mean
it *was* the first (since apparently tweets are deleteable [1]),
or that it implies authorship / responsibility.
More interesting to me as observer is that attempting to co-opt
hashes, complete with new slogans and memes, seems rather
unethical and false upon the user / reader, a bit shameful perhaps.
Why not try to beat the opposing view with your own hash.
If you can't, well, what have you got then. But at least you're
not fading yourself with a co-opt.

Other than noting larger trends, that space is not for me,
others can surely analyze it all far better than I.

[1] One of the reasons there should be simple logging tools available
for journalists to watch the dynamics of whatever situation in the
world as it happens, and feedback pertinent deleted facts.