Revolt Against Tor Over Rape Claims, Process, Board, Etc

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Aug 20 15:10:54 PDT 2016

On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 02:02:22PM +0300, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 06:23:12AM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> > https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2016-August/042032.html
> > Fri Aug 19 11:34:54 UTC 2016
> > thread
> > Shutting down my tor relay
> > Stephan Seitz <stse+tor at fsing.rootsland.net>
>
> Did Tor decide to piss off and disconnect the honest relay operators (or

The principled ones.

In leaked chats etc, they (Tor Inc honchos) keep focussing on "how to
protect the image" and "can we employ this CIA guy without creating a
problem for our reputation".

It reaks of "we don't give a damn about the principles wee proclaim on
our website,

Now when volunteers say "enough's enough, I cannot trust you guys, I
thought I could, I'm stopping running my relay", they are getting
blasted - slapped in the face with their own conscience e.g. "how could
you! You are choosing to put peoples lives at risk!" - check it out,
"moral/ emotional blackmail" for want of a term, perhaps "conscience
blackmail" - that only works when the listener is weak, but they keep
trying it on anyway.

That's what sociopath's do - try very hard to hold us to our higher
standard, while they race around fucking everyone over, hoping we don't
see the trick they are using. We go through angst, heartache and
distress over the fallout, the wrongs, the failures, while they try to
abuse us with this very conscience that causes us our pain.

It is evil what they try to do.

Even my gentle reply ("you're slapping a --volunteer-- in the face") has
been censored!

Just check that photo of Shari (-ah law) Steele - she's one tough and
angry looking human, and not in a good way - free of empathy, tons of
ambition and a very harsh approach from what we are seeing. The failures
and outright offensive sequencesing of events surrounding her "Tor
Social Contract" speak very loudly.

Juan was right.

> as much of them as possible) while keeping the luser cattle?
>
> AFAIK the onion anonymity highly depends on the honesty of the relays in
> the "circuit" (or whatever they call it, never mind).
>
> This way all relays will be spooks', while now only most of them are.

Indeed.