[WAR] A brief bit of Hillary history.

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 11:26:39 PDT 2016

 From: John Newman <jnn at synfin.org>
>I disagree, vehemently.  Global warming is not a red herring.  Permafrost is melting, oceans are rising and acidifying, and the future for big >coastal cities is looking very bleak indeed.  There is a scientific consensus on this issue.

I don't see how there can be "scientific consensus" unless there are accurate computer models which show how up climate temperature increases as a product of addition of CO2 to the atmosphere.  Both qualitatively and quantitatively.  How much do these problems represent?
>From Lord Kelvin:

“When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meager and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarely, in your thoughts advanced to the stage of science.”
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/166961-when-you-can-measure-what-you-are-speaking-about-and

There is also the prospect of adding SO2 to the high atmosphere to counteract heating, which could be a very cheap solution.
            Jim Bell