[liberationtech] Tor Browser 6.0.4 is ready for testing

Rayzer rayzer at riseup.net
Tue Aug 16 08:00:34 PDT 2016

On 08/15/2016 11:40 PM, vroom at mail2tor.com wrote:
>> Rayzer:
>> run off thumbdrive
>> leave no trace
>> wipes memory
>
> This incorrect.
>
> Such system write over data.
>
> Trace on *all* flash.
>
> Can be recovered.
>
> Read hacks.

I've run tails without a drive in this machine so there's nothing on
that non-existent drive to indicate I was doing anything at the time
tails was running. AFA memory wipe, one can never really  be sure what's
cached in some recess of the hardware. But read my post. You have the
time to 'get out the door and down the road'. Ed Snowden did that.
That's one reason they didn't capture him.

If all you want to do is cruise darkweb kiddieporn sites from your
basement den every evening while your wife's upstairs cooking dinner and
you think tor or tails keeps you safe... You're wrong. NOTHING can keep
you safe if you're stationary. Nothing EVER will.

Rr