NSA Hacked? Really?

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Mon Aug 15 23:24:16 PDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 11:54:21PM -0300, juan wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 22:32:00 +0000
> Crypto <crypto at jpunix.net> wrote:
>
> > Reddit is going nutz over articles like this...
> >
> > http://motherboard.vice.com/read/hackers-hack-nsa-linked-equation-group
> >

> 	" hackers are...asking for 1 million bitcoin

http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/08/group-claims-to-hack-nsa-tied-hackers-posts-exploits-as-proof/

There is a link and screenshot of the original announcement.

As I read it, public release is fallback option in case there is no
winner in the auction and it raised at least million.

This claim looks weird:
====
While it wasn't immediately possible for outsiders to prove the
posted data—mostly batch scripts and _poorly coded_ python scripts
====