[liberationtech] Tor Browser 6.0.4 is ready for testing

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 20:25:18 PDT 2016

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 13:12:28 -0400
Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

> On 08/15/2016 12:24 PM, Cecilia Tanaka wrote:
> > Uff...  Some months ago, I would be happy.  Now, it means
> > nothing...  :((
>
> Like any other tool, the TOR Browser has strengths and weaknesses,
> appropriate uses and foolish/destructive uses.
>
> Lest we forget, Chelsea Manning used TOR to move massive amounts of
> data to Wikileaks.

	Source? And even if that were true, then that would be how he
	got caught? using tor?  Hardly good advertising for tor. I know
	that allegedly he was betrayed, but, you know, "parallel
	construction".

	Truth is, it would have been a lot better for him to copy any
	data he wanted to 'leak' and mail it using 'snail mail'.

>  One can argue that Ed Snowden found what he was
> allowed to find and shipped it to Greenwald & Co. under the approving
> gaze of some compartment at NSA; Manning, not so much.  Billions of
> dollars worth of damage were done to the U.S. National Interest,

	How? Not meaning to badmouth manning, it's not his fault that
	the US is a fascist cesspool, but americans either don't give a
	fuck about their mass murdering government, or cheer for it.