tor promises to be good*

bbrewer bbrewer at littledystopia.net
Sat Aug 13 17:22:39 PDT 2016

> On Aug 11, 2016, at 10:00 PM, Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
>
> Tor Inc. "Do 'no backdoors' evil" - gee, where did we hear -that-
> hollow 'promise' before?
>
> <caugh>Google</splutter>

Absolutely, it is all BS. Difference is, google isn’t really ‘aiming’ at the crowd that really gives a crap about such things, vs where TOR is. I myself am completely owned by google; gmail since beta, and a FI user for nearing 6 months. I know and understand that they know *everything* about my life, perhaps better than I do — I figure as long as that is acknowledged, c’est la vie.

It’s a tradeoff…

Seems like TOR isn’t marketing towards those willing to ‘make those tradeoffs’, especially since their entire ‘service/product’ is the vague notion of being ‘invisible’ online.

While both seem to be fucking you in the ass, google isn’t really lying to your face. Besides, evil is all in the mind of the beholder.

sigh. you want privacy? Keep it in your head; or at least, keep it off the inter-basket, where all our eggs seem to collect.

-bbrewer

* written on my super sekure osx device.
** not really secure.
*** fuck it.