Anarchist Bibliography, please? (was Re: Deconstructing an Institutional Slander...)

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Aug 11 08:46:19 PDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 09:53:14PM -0400, Steve Kinney wrote:
> On 08/10/2016 05:03 AM, Bastiani Fortress wrote:
> > 11:00 PM, August 9, 2016, John Newman <jnn at synfin.org>:

> > Personally I don't hold much hope for humanity..I figure the
> > solution to Fermis paradox is self-evident.

> We don't see interstellar "civilizations" very often, because those
> who did not get over making everything bigger and more powerful for
> sake of bigness and power didn't make it.  For reals.  Some of those
> gamma bursts may be industrial accidents, or Bad Outcomes to MAD based
> defense strategies (an especially stupid kind of industrial accident).

Is there a name for the planet that was the asteroid belt before it was
an asteroid belt?

Mars' Marina Canyon/ trench, may have been from rain of some composition,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valles_Marineris
but perhaps was an interplanetary energy warfare result where ultimately
Mars succeeded and that other planet became the asteroid belt. To my
eye, that trench looks more like target practice (for a somewhat intense
version of 'practice') rather than river delta...

> If the absence of torrents of long range EM message traffic is
> surprising, that's only because we presume aliens talk with strings
> and tin cans "just like us."  If the absence of star drive signatures
> is surprising, it's more likely that our assumptions about what those
> signatures would be are faulty, than that there are no interstellar
> voyagers riding the starwinds.  If the absence of physical visitors is
> surprising, that just means a lot of people have not taken a hard
> critical look at UFO investigations:  Failure to invade and loot or
> otherwise dominate a technologically weaker species' cradle planet may
> be evidence of the presence of extraterrestrial intelligence, rather
> than its absence.

:)