Quantum entangled-photon Chinese satellite.

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Aug 7 03:34:34 PDT 2016

On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 01:33:51AM -0600, Mirimir wrote:

> > Thanks for the explanations and the papers.
> >
> > Where is the bug in Zenaan's idea about array of photons and
> > Observed + Not Observed = 1 bit?
>
> I think that's the next bit that you didn't quote:
>
> > they only let two observers in different locations see the
> > same system simultaneously, without any way of controlling
> > what either sees.
>
> You can establish that both observers saw an entangled wave function
> collapse, after the fact. But before the wave function collapses,
> neither one can know what they'll see, and so they also can't know what
> the other will see.

But, apparently, they can predict what the other will see with > 85%
accuracy, whilst theory says they should only be able to do so with 75%
accuracy.

So, each side tests their respective entangled photon (85% certainty of
what the other side saw), then does it all again (another 85%), giving:
85% + 85% = 169% probability that each will "guess" what the other side
saw! That sounds pretty close to certainty to me...

PS: I'm sure someone can do the math better than I... but hopefully you
get the idea - each side "simultaneously" 'observes' their 'half' of an
entangled photon pair, say each second, and use these to reduce the
uncertainty, thereby reaching "1 bit" of information transfer...