Quantum entangled-photon Chinese satellite.

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 13:18:37 PDT 2016

From: Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net>

On 08/06/2016 12:48 AM, jim bell wrote:
<SNIP>>> Therefore, I conclude that it would be easy to measure the minimum
>> effective speed of the hypothetical interfering particle or wave.
>> That particle or wave would have to travel 41,000meters in less
>>than 13.7 nanoseconds, to achieve that interference.
OK, so they've shown that reality  (for lack of a better word)
Amusingly, one problem is that not only that we (the disputants) might notbe able to agree on "reality", we may not ourselves be individually ableto decide what "reality" is!!
> cannot be
>both realistic (as in classical mechanics) and locally constrained (as
>in inability of information to travel faster than light speed). But that
>is just what quantum mechanics (a bunch of math) predicts.
>That is, one of realism and locality must be wrong.
>One interpretation is that spacial separation is just an illusion.

For a number of years, we've been hearing about the "holographic principle",the idea what we think of as 3D+time space is actually merely that defined bya 2D representation on a surface. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle
If I got headaches, this kind of think would definitely give me a headache.
                    Jim Bell