Quantum entangled-photon Chinese satellite.

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 12:56:32 PDT 2016

 From: Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net>
>> Therefore, I conclude that it would be easy to measure the minimum
>> effective speed of the  hypothetical interfering particle or wave.
>>  That particle or wave would have to travel 41,000meters in less than
>> 13.7 nanoseconds, to achieve that interference.  Time measurement to
>> 1 nanosecond is easy, to 1 picosecond is doable, and in fact
>> measurement of time valuesfar less than 1 picosecond can be
>> accomplished.

>So it seems to me that information is in fact being transmitted. So I
>can freely philosophize and hopythesize in science fantasy, soon to
>become science fact :)

I find it hard to NOT come to the conclusion that information is, in fact,being transmitted.  The problem is that it appears that nature isconspiring with itself to prevent us from using this communication for usefulpurposes.
But we can certainly hope that someday, some scientist discovers how to break the barrier that would prevent that.  But even once that barrier is broken,engineering difficulties would still exist.  I can imagine that even though FTLcommunication would then be possible, it could not be set up instantaneouslybetween us, on Earth, and (say) Alpha Centauri    (AC)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_Centauri
My first thought was that a space vehicle could be sent to a location midwaybetween us and AC.  Once there, it would generate data streams based on entangledphotons, aimed at us and AC.  Those photons, once emitted, would take 2.1 yearsto arrive at here and AC.  At that point, we can detect those photons, and those onAC could do so as well, at FTL speed.  (Again, assuming that somebody eliminates the barrier to FTL communications we currently see.)
But there's a faster way.  If one of the pairs of entangled photons were kept, in "coldstorage" as it were, the other of the pair could be immediately fired towards AC, andAC could do the same.  After 4.2 years, our photon streams could arrive there, andtheir photon streams could arrive here.  At that point, FTL transmission could begin.
A few years ago, we heard of an experiment lowering the speed of photons to a bid
over 30 mph.  ('c' is 186,282 mph, or 299,000 km/sec).   Later experiments dropped thatvalue to virtually zero.
Suppose the speed of photons were dropped to 1 millimeter per second,in 4.2 years they would have moved 132,500 meters.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_light
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2011/07/07/slowing-the-speed-of-light-to-a-crawl/#11f7f736528f

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2009/dec/15/slowed-light-breaks-record

Keep those photons stored, and when the Alpha Centaurians detect the other of the pair of entangled photons, that fact could potentially be detected here as well.

But, I just found this:   http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-30944584
WTF!!!!!!
                         Jim Bell