Quantum entangled-photon Chinese satellite.

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 13:04:22 PDT 2016

On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 15:31:13 -0600
Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> The problem with classical mechanics is that it's not consistent with
> measurements.

	Not consistent with what measurements?

> Quantum mechanics is. The equations. According to the
> Copenhagen interpretation, only the math matters. I don't like it any
> more than you seem to. Because I'm not a mathematician.

	"Only the math matters" doesn't make sense. This might come as
	a shock, but physics is supposed to 'measure' 'reality'. Then
	the  measured magnitudes may end up in some equations, used to
	calculate other aspects of...reality.

	Like, you measure the volume of object X, you then put
	'volume' and 'density' in a equation, and you get the weight of
	object X.

	Math is just a tool that deals with numbers. And numbers
	without units have no physical meaning.

> >> So basically, they find that the classical model of reality is
> >> fucked.
> >

> > 	lol lol lol
>
> You must be a local realist ;)

	I of course am a rationalist and a realist. I don't know what
	'local realism' is supposed to mean.

J.