[OT] What is the "imaginary mass" in a Tachyonic field?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Aug 5 03:00:33 PDT 2016

On Fri, Aug 05, 2016 at 12:17:10PM +0300, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> This confuses me:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tachyonic_field&oldid=730595004
> | A tachyonic field, or simply tachyon, is a quantum field with an imaginary mass.
>
> "imaginary" links to imaginary number, using i^2= -1.
>

> So far, as I read it, this means the mass can be say 1i
> grams.

Wow. That's very cool.

But they can't detect them.

But they must exist?

If so, that's really wild. Sounds like physicist are on some serious
psycho visual stimulants.

> Later comes the confusion, wiki explains "imaginary" as real
> (in the math sense).
>
> | The "imaginary mass" really means that the system becomes unstable.

Sounds like a different meaning for the term 'imaginary'... and that
Wikipedia may need to be updated to reflect this imaginary fact.

> IIRC relativity has formulas with factors of the form
> sqrt(1-v^2/c^2) which go imaginary when v>c and without
> doubt scientists know this.
>
> Someone knows what "imaginary" means in this context?
>
> AFAICT Tachyonic fields exist unconditionally.

You know, soon we'll be tapping subspace with polymorphic entangled
photonic array DNA implants into the 98% junk or "non coding" pairs, and
then they'll be telling us our DNA was actually better all along and
just requires a few histone induced nucleotide activations.

After all, DNA stores information so perhaps twins have a number of
entangled photon pairs shared between their medalla strands which allow
them to each observe the other simultaneously, but only when the other
is also observing...