Quantum entangled-photon Chinese satellite.

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 01:46:54 PDT 2016

On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 08:13:39 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I thought of an interesting thought-experiment

	... description of experiment...

> But, the information within it wasn'tactually
> readable for one year, until the decrypt key arrived.  Can we say
> that this information arrived after one year, and thus at an effective
> speed of 'c'?  If it is the former, somehow the idea that information
> can't be transmitted at fasterthan 'c' is invalid.  If it's the
> latter, this appears to confirm that limit. Which is it?

	I think that in your scenario, the encrypted information was
	transmitted at faster than light speed.

> You said:
>  "Yep. It either works or not." The 'gotcha' is that whether it
> "works" or not is dependent on your definition of the word, '

	OK. In this case, the part of the system that transmits
	encrypted information at ftl speed indeed works, but the system
	as a whole can't transmit useful information at ftl speed, so I
	would say it doesn't 'work', or doesn't have an obvious
	practical application.

> works'.
>  Does it seem to transmit the data virtually instantly?  Yes.  Is
> that information available immediately?  No. It takes a year to learn
> the contentof that encrypted file. Is the limit of 'c' violated?   I
> don't know.  What do you think?

	Yes, the limit of c is violated, but I don't think that is a
	problem, because contrary to 'scientific' dogma, I don't
	believe there must be an absolute (haha!) maximum speed that
	moving objects can't exceed.

	Now, although your hypothetical scenario makes sense, the
	question remains : do entangled particles actually behave like
	in  your scenario?

	(I'll do some searching tomorrow, see what comes up)