$4B for security & cpunks in office

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Wed Aug 31 03:34:46 PDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 02:57:53AM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> Fuck that, shut your arses, peel a measly $2B off your budget and
> give it straight to BSD and Linux Foundations so they can make

That is better than nothing, but I don't think it will happen.
If my RAM serves me (there might be more than parity errors), some .gov
agency offered non-negligible amount of money to openbsd just to work.
openbsd agreed. Theo de Raadt made a public comment something like "they
will make few less missiles without this money, this is good".
the deal was cancelled and openbsd didn't get any money.

> more secure os with it. And maybe another measly $2B to send
> every admin in your country to at least one security class of their
> choice.

IMHO this will have negligible effect. Sending people to classes doesn't
make them any better. especially "mouse admins", they click on wizards
and on "weird updates". This year, professor told me electrical and
electronics students in universities can't do arithmetic with rational
numbers (like 1/2+1/3=?) on paper.

Who admins the home/mobile phone users?

> Stupid "govts".

Disagree. More like greedy puppet "govts".

> Cypherpunks for Office.

I suspect all cpunks who stay alive to go to office can be corrupted,
blackmailed, drugged, killed later, etc when in office. Like JFK.

GIGO. If the planet is rooted, you can't expect userland to be sound.