[WAR] When will USA stop bombing other countries' "brown people" illegally (let alone "at all")?

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Tue Aug 30 12:49:45 PDT 2016

On 08/30/2016 01:43 PM, Razer wrote:

> I was up on the walk overlooking Monterey Bay the other morning at
> 6 am or so. A 70 year old woman who was taking a stroll and picking
> up small trash on her walk stopped to chat. The conversation turned
> to the news, and global mayhem and at some point I said: "We're
> involved in every conflict on the planet. Where IS the US antiwar
> movement?"
>
> She smiled, and with a twinkle in her eye said: "There never was
> an antiwar movement. There was an anti-DRAFT movement"

I would differ /somewhat/ with that position.  There was an antiwar
movement - it brainwashed me, for instance.  But I would not deny that
this movement became a large scale popular 'issue' only because of the
draft:  What does not personally threaten comfortable middle class
people does not get them up on their feet and down to the street.
That's why I support compulsory military service:  It is, in effect,
the conscience of a nation.

I also observed the State's political warfare response to the anti-war
movement as it gained traction:  Sponsorship of the New Left and its
expressly Marxist, pro-war, anti-American message, promoted by
spokespuppets "Hanoi" Jane Fonda et al.

The New Left was repulsive to the vast majority of the U.S. public.
All reasonable efforts were made by network TV to exclude pacifist
messaging from the airwaves, but the New Left was presented and
promoted as a political freak show.  As it "just happened to" take
place at the same time COINTELPRO-sponsored bombings were in progress,
and provided living proof of J. Edna Hoover's assertion that anti-war
organizers were working for the Vast International Communist
Conspiracy, and received nearly unlimited free promotion via mass
media, I am confident that the New Left originated as a State
sponsored black propaganda campaign.

After the fall of Saigon, a coalition of anti-war organizations
headlined by Joan Baez took out a full page ad in the New York Times
condemning Hanoi for the purge (mass murder) in progress against
"reactionaries" in the South - anyone who had worked with the U.S. in
any capacity was subject to summary execution.  In response, a
coalition of pro-war New Left celebrities headlined by Jane Fonda took
out a full page ad congratulating Hanoi on its victory and condemning
the pacifists who dared to criticize proper revolutionary justice.

Once promoted via a full saturation propaganda campaign, the New Left
attracted ideological adherents and "grew legs" of its own.  Although
it was not viable without external support and has since declined to a
historical footnote, the New Left's influence on U.S. political
discourse neatly countered the inherently Populist a.k.a. Anarchist
influence of the anti-war movement, and helped lay the foundation for
the crypto-fascist NeoLiberal ideology and agenda that is so prominent
in U.S. politics today.

And that's all I have to say about that.

:o/