Appelbaum, CDC, CCC

Sean Lynch seanl at literati.org
Tue Aug 23 17:50:47 PDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> On 08/23/2016 04:46 PM, juan wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 21:08:19 +0000
> > Sean Lynch <seanl at literati.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Rapey Jakey's side?
> >

> >       Tell us, Sean. How long before google's 'AI' can detect hate
> >       speech against womyn and send drones to summarily execute the
> >       criminals?
>
> See Shumeet Baluja's _Silicon Jungle_. He's with Google ;)

Thanks for the recommendation. Bought a copy (via Google, because I'm lazy
& the DRM is easier to break on Linux than Amazon's).

Data mining and throwing people in jail for "precrimes" using parallel
construction to back-construct a plausible evidence trail is already
commonplace. It's more than a little silly that it's "feminazis" that juan
and his ilk are afraid of when people are being entrapped and imprisoned
right now for having beliefs many of us on this list share, just because
they got fooled into taking some tiny step in the direction of some illegal
means of doing something about it (i.e. the crime of "conspiracy").