moving on

William william at wubim.com
Sun Aug 21 14:52:50 PDT 2016

On 2016-08-20 11:16 PM, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 10:07:11PM -0700, William wrote:
>> If no one is biting, we'd be willing to host the node and give a home to
>> this list, although admittedly I'm more of a lurker than anything so I'm
>
> Thanks. As the Emacs doctor says: Tell us about yourselves.

We (as in the Wubim Foundation) are a small Canadian non-profit founded
to advocate for digital rights, freedom of speech and open access to
academia. We've mostly been doing lobby work in Canada, helping publish
a few books that aren't too mainstream or not fit for distribution in
their home countries and running the XMPP servers adastra.re and
cypherpunks.it at the moment.

Most of us grew up during the cypherpunks movement so we were heavily
influenced by them and they're kinda what inspired us to start the
non-profit in the first place. Some of us still lurk on this list or
participate behind pseudonyms admittedly.

William