Tor being forked.

oshwm oshwm at openmailbox.org
Sat Aug 20 00:06:40 PDT 2016

As a first relatively easy step towards a generic browser supporting
multiple mixnets this might not be a bad start.

It wrestles control of TBB from TorCorp and with additional protocols
would remove the dependancy on the compromised Tor exit nodes, possibly
even use some sort of 'least cost routing' style of algorithm to spread
traffic across the fastest or most secure network depending on user
preference and based on destination.

Maybe add an element of randomness to mixnet choice as well to make
traffic analysis more difficult :)

Longer term goals should be development of a secure browser from the
ground up, not basing it on any Mozilla/Apple/Google code - and having
it audited.