Equation Group - Cyber Weapons Auction

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Thu Aug 18 00:53:56 PDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 04:52:09PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 09:17:09AM +0300, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 12:11:11AM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> > > http://pastebin.com/NDTU5kJQ
> >
> > The auction live on air:
> > https://blockchain.info/address/19BY2XCgbDe6WtTVbTyzM9eR3LYr6VitWK
> :D
>
> Either way, fun to watch :)

Much better than the Olympics ;)

The bitcoin addresses look somewhat weird to me.
IIRC they are formed from some crypto stuff of the user and the user
has _some_ control of it at least via bruteforce.
I suspect the user can't chose the address directly.

Here are the addresses in the last transactions, spaces added by me:

1 never 9kNNkr27UseZSHnaEHg1z8v3Mbb
1 gonna V3MFNjymS4RGvUbHACstiS8aSYz
1 give GEk184Gwep2KT4UBPTcE9oqWzCVR
1 you KBMLEohsexdZtkvnTzHnc4iU7Ffty
1 up AbpBEWQ467QNT7i4vBMVPzSfQ3sqoQ
1 never 9kNNkr27UseZSHnaEHg1z8v3Mbb
1 gonna V3MFNjymS4RGvUbHACstiS8aSYz
1 1et AyypstpXLQpTgoYmYzT8M2foBSBe1
1 you KBMLEohsexdZtkvnTzHnc4iU7Ffty
1 down AsBbRQcBfUj8rgQomqhRsNFf1jMo
...skip some...
1 nice C9Xz1rBLvwcphRUVU4GEfaVzvTwa

Reading downwards, this makes sense in English in _consecutive
transactions_ (except the last).

If the addresses were random, the probability of this happening
appears very low IMHO, what does math say?

Is this known bitcoin joke/weak steganography?