Hedge fund manager profited from death arbitrage.

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Aug 16 17:33:40 PDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 06:09:23PM +0000, jim bell wrote:
> https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-08-16/hedge-fund-manager-profited-from-death-arbitrage

SEE that email quoting symbol above - the ">"?!! Yes I thought you could
- ther'es a dang space after it!!!!! That's just, terrible. This is
gotta stop!

> "A vital function of the financial system is to shift risk, but that
> is mostly a euphemism. Finance can't make risks go away, or even
> really move them all that much. When the financial system shifts the
> risk of X happening from Y to Z, all that means is that Z gives
> Y money if X happens. If X was going to happen to Y, it's still going
> to happen to Y. But now Y gets money. Death is a central fact of human
> existence, the fundamental datum that gives meaning to life, but it is
> also a risk -- you never know when it will happen! -- and so the
> financial industry has figured out ways to shift it.

You know, it might be really funny if in fact all the IMF's SDRs
(special drawing rights - i.e. sanctioned right to print money, even
without any loan-promise-to-repay backing those fiats) were really
backed by birth certificates, and some portion closed off each month
with corresponding death certificates.

Could explain why demoncratic governments are so hell bent on
ever more intense cotton-wool-society statutes? (a few years back, we
had someone in Victoria, Australia, booked for speeding at 61km/hr in a
60km/hr zone - don't recall if they won their court case or not - it IS
an absolute offense after all).

Naaaaah! They would never arbitrage all human lives explicitly against
fiat dollar printing rights - that would be like, like, like a
conspiracy or something.