US drug policy -> maintains the class divide

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Tue Aug 16 08:07:07 PDT 2016

On Sun, 2015-11-29 at 02:26 -0300, juan wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Nov 2015 23:46:16 +0000
> Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
>
> > From a comment on slashdot - I'm not American, but this sounds quite
> > plausible to me:
> >
> > http://news.slashdot.org/story/15/11/27/1343243/lsd-microdosing-gaining-popularity-for-silicon-valley-professionals
> > "
> > If you're a $100k/yr engineer (Score:4, Insightful)
> > by rsilvergun (571051) on Friday November 27, 2015 @10:52AM
> > (#51013395) such things don't apply. In America we have a
> > multi-tiered justice system. It's pretty well documented. Wealthy and
> > educated people get treatment programs, while poor (and let's face
> > it, black) people get jail. It's because what we're really using our
> > drug policy for is to keep the poors in check.
>

> 	Feeding the medical and pharmaceutical mafia is another key
> 	objective - and purpose -  of the government.
>

> 	In a free market, a kilo of a 'natural'(comes from a plant,
> 	it's quite green) stimulant like cocaine would cost, say, $100,
> 	whereas in the current fascist system, $100 buys you a few
> 	pills of the latest patented garbage sold by pfizer and pushed
> 	by the narc-cunts known as 'medical doctors'.
>

>  Think of it this way.
> > If your poor chances are you or one of your friends is using drugs to
> > cope with poverty. Now, our drug laws, in particular our asset
> > forfeiture laws are basically guilt by association. Combine that with
> > juries that are inherently conservative (since you generally have to
> > be well off to be able to afford to server on a jury for any length
> > of time).
> >
> > So when poor people show up in wealthy neighborhoods they not only
> > stick out like a swore thumb, but odds are good the cops can bust them
> > for the drugs at least one of them is carrying. This keeps poor people
> > out of wealthy school districts and parks, and lets the wealthy enjoy
> > their (much, much better) public services.
> >
> > Basically, our drug policy is central to maintaining our class
> > divide... "

US drug laws, the ridiculous sentencing guidelines and mandatory
minimums, the blatantly racist enforcement (and extra-judicial
killings), and the resulting American gulag (highest per-capita
incarceration rate in the world) are just a little twist on slavery,
which "ended" during the Civil War....

John