tor promises to be good*

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Aug 11 19:00:27 PDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 09:08:06PM -0400, bbrewer wrote:
> No worries, JUAN, they promise no backdoors… (I’m with you on your design stance, btw)
>
> https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-social-contract

Tor Inc. "Do 'no backdoors' evil" - gee, where did we hear -that-
hollow 'promise' before?

<caugh>Google</splutter>

Juan, you're right of course - where the funding is compromised, the
entity is compromised.

And corporations have a sociopathic "profit at all costs"
constitutional/ foundational principle - so any "good" they "promise"
shall be compromised, the only question being timing (and often times
that timing is "now, we trust peeps don't see it yet".