Die Zeit interviews Appelbaum ioerror

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Aug 10 21:50:46 PDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 09:36:44PM -0600, Mirimir wrote:
> On 08/10/2016 08:40 PM, Marina Brown wrote:

Mirimir, I thought you were quite clear where you added "whatever" in
your "transgender whatever" phrase ... as in "transgender, queer, bi,
blah blah blah whatever...".

At least that's how I read it, and as you point out - an observation,
with no judgement or bigotry that I could discern.

> >> Maybe. Or maybe it's about a guy who got lynched, and why.

> >> Just exactly how the fuck am I being bigoted?

> > Mirimir - trying to make it about being trans is why i went after you.
>
> My hypothesis is that the lynch mob is making it about being male and
> assertive (even if bisexual). Key members of the lynch mob are trans. Do
> you deny that? And they seem to cut each other slack. Right?

Everyone on the same page, just a dropped checksum I think...

> > The reality of trans life is not immunity. It is generally
> > discrimination and needing to watch your 6 for someone who is after you
> > for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
>
> For sure, that's generally true for being trans. But I'm talking about
> the lynch mob. Standards there seem very different.
>
> > Wonder why i might want strong encryption and privacy ?
>
> I don't wonder about that at all.

Now frankly Mirimir, even if you had expressed a personal sexual
preference (for say, some personal definition of conservatism or
whatever), that too MUST be entirely acceptable.

Just to be clear.

Peace all,
Zenaan