Die Zeit interviews Appelbaum ioerror

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 18:30:04 PDT 2016

On Aug 10, 2016 9:52 PM, "Mirimir" <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> On 08/10/2016 06:17 PM, Cecilia Tanaka wrote:
> >
> > So much prejudice, aff...  Very disgusting.  Judge a person for their
gender and for their sexuality is very stupid.

> Just to be clear, I'm not judging anyone's sexuality. I'm pointing out
that the community has a double standard. That people like Jake who act
male (even if they're gay or bisexual) get lynched. But people who are just
as promiscuous, but act female or androgynous, get a pass. They get to be
victims.

I got your point, my love, but I do try to refuse this kind of social
condescension, all these labels.  I am not weaker for being a woman.  I am
not a victim.  And yes, I think it's very disgusting when a person uses
their gender to get benefits.  And yes again, it was very depressing,
really unfair and nocive to see how some people managed their labels
against a "white North American man", being he really guilty or not.  :((

This kind of fake situation creates more prejudice, and more stupid labels,
and more and more social judgements.  The real victims of rape, of all
kinds of brutality and harassment, will lose their credibility, because of
stupid fucking liars and it's sad, unfair, wrong and very, very hurtful for
real victims!  :((

In the other side, I already told you I have transgender friends and make
volunteer work in LGBTQ groups, my love.  There are much hate and
intolerance against them.  It's really hard.

There is so much prejudice against them that it's really hard to discover
the limits between true prejudice or not.  Even working with them, in some
moments, involuntarily, I make horrible gaffes.  :(

Once, I was explaining that a female trans friend was born a man and was
waiting for her hormonal treatment and another trans friend said it was
very offensive for everybody, because my friend always was a woman, since
her birth.  She was not born a man.  I was talking about chromosomes,
genetics only, but I hurt a friend involuntarily.  :(((

Do you understand how hard is having sensibility enough to avoid hurting
fragile people, my love?  So, be careful, please.  Love you!  :*