Quantum entangled-photon Chinese satellite.

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 16:13:33 PDT 2016

On Sat, 6 Aug 2016 15:30:19 -0600
Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> From
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light#Quantum_mechanics>:
>
> > Certain phenomena in quantum mechanics, such as quantum
> > entanglement, might give the superficial impression of allowing
> > communication of information faster than light. _According to the
> > no-communication theorem these phenomena do not allow true
> > communication; they only let two observers in different locations
> > see the same system simultaneously, without any way of controlling
> > what either sees._ Wavefunction collapse can be viewed as an
> > epiphenomenon of quantum decoherence, which in turn is nothing more
> > than an effect of the underlying local time evolution of the
> > wavefunction of a system and all of its environment. Since the
> > underlying behaviour doesn't violate local causality or allow FTL
> > it follows that neither does the additional effect of wavefunction
> > collapse, whether real or apparent.
>
> (emphasis added)

---------------

'But how can you control matter?' he burst out. 'You don't even control
the climate or the law of gravity. And there are disease, pain,
death----'

O'Brien silenced him by a movement of his hand. 'We control matter
because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will
learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do.
Invisibility, levitation--anything. I could float off this floor like a
soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not
wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the
laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature.'