Remember, remember Hiroshima?

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 13:37:51 PDT 2016

On Aug 6, 2016 10:01 AM, "Georgi Guninski" <guninski at guninski.com> wrote:

> Remember, remember Hiroshima?

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_of_the_Fireflies>

I suggest to watch "Grave of the Fireflies", if someone wish to pay tribute
to Hiroshima in a different way.

It's beautiful and sensible, but also one of the saddest 'anime'  (Japanese
animated movies/series)  that I saw in my whole life.

Not for being Japanese, not for showing the Second World War, but because
it shows the point of view of  children.  Children starving, crying, losing
their parents and dying without ever understanding the war.

In all the wars, what always worries me the most are the children, their
traums.  They don't have any guilt and always suffer all the pain.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadako_Sasaki>

Sorry, I didn't find the animated movie with English subtitles on line,
just the trailer.  It's the kind of story so disturbing, so intensely sad
that you can watch only once in your life.  I, probably, was not brave
enough in my searches, pardon.

Trailer:  http://youtu.be/4vPeTSRd580

Kisses and sad tsurus...

-  c.