Quantum entangled-photon Chinese satellite.

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Aug 5 11:14:24 PDT 2016

On Fri, Aug 05, 2016 at 09:10:42AM -0600, Mirimir wrote:
> Here, from <http://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=2464>:
> > The violation of the Bell inequality has a schizophrenic status in
> > physics.  To many of the physicists I know, Nature’s violating the
> > Bell inequality is so trivial and obvious that it’s barely even
> > worth doing the experiment: if people had just understood and
> > believed Bohr and Heisenberg back in 1925, there would’ve been no
> > need for this whole tiresome discussion.

Seriously, I am none the wiser and cannot yet make sense of what they
are saying.

China apparently is putting this experiment in space - are they winning
a game on prediction of one particular bit with > 75% probability, and
if so, can they run that game numerous times to get that probability
close to 100%, and if so, can the random inputs to each side be made not
random so that the result of the game is transmission of information?

I cannot begin to answer any of these questions sorry...

> Me, I like the many worlds interpretation. But it's just an
> interpretation. What matters is the math.

That sounds much more interesting than the implications of 'dull'
said to be arising from qubits :)

The hope is that since some say the experiment is pretty dull to begin
with, then perhaps there is a soul alive who could answer the above
questions... we can only hope.