Quantum entangled-photon Chinese satellite.

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 5 01:58:52 PDT 2016

 From: Georgi Guninski <guninski at guninski.com>
>Disclaimer: I am lamer in physics.
>I think the analogy shows that FTL (superluminal) speed exist and is
>experimentally observed, this doesn't contradict relativity.
>What contradicts relativity is _communication_ or clock synchronization
>faster than light.

>IIRC if you point powerful projector at the Moon and move it slightly,
>this light on Moon will move FTL at least from your point of view.
>Jim's horse was something like this.

Yes, this is what I was alluding to when I used the term, "phase velocity".https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_velocity    Although, it isn't really clear from this articlethat the phase can travel far faster than 'c', nevertheless the information the wave transmits is limited to its "group velocity", which cannot travel faster than 'c'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_velocity The moon's diameter is about 2169 miles.  If you aimed a laser beam to one edgeof the moon, and then quickly (0.01 second) moved the beam to the other edge,the spot would look like it's travelling at 216,900 miles per second, well beyond 'c'.(ignoring the fact that the moon is a spheroid, not a flat surface, of course.)
There is no actual communication from those two points on opposite sides of the moon,nor are massive particles moving from one point to the other.
I learned my physics from course 8.03 at MIT, with the coursebook by Bekefi andBarrett, titled "Electromagnetic Waves and Vibrations".https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/electromagnetic-vibrations-waves-and-radiation

Unfortunately, that was the last advanced physics course I took, having to focus on my major, chemistry.     The next Physics course, that I didn't take, was 8.04, "Quantum
Physics".   http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/8-04-quantum-physics-i-spring-2013/   Not that I didn't learn quantum at all, but I learned it from the direction of chemistry.That class was 5.61, and 5.62,  Physical Chemistry.  http://search.mit.edu/search?site=ocw&client=mit&getfields=*&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=http%3A%2F%2Focw.mit.edu%2Fsearch%2Fgoogle-ocw.xsl&requiredfields=WT%252Ecg_s%3ACourse+Home%7CWT%252Ecg_s%3AResource+Home&sectionlimit=WT%252Ecg_s%3ACourse+Home%7CWT%252Ecg_s%3AResource+Home&as_dt=i&oe=utf-8&departmentName=web&filter=0&courseName=&q=5.61&btnG.x=0&btnG.y=0