Quantum entangled-photon Chinese satellite.

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Aug 4 18:29:07 PDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 09:58:11PM +0000, jim bell wrote:
>  From: juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com>
> On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 16:49:12 +0000 (UTC)
> jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   >  If 'something' is moving at faster than light speed, then some
>   > information must be being transmitted. If no information is
> >    being transmitted, then by definition, there's no way to measure
>   >  speed and the claim makes no sense.
> Well, that's the problem.  Knowing that SOMETHING is being
> transmitted, and actuallyUSING that method to transmit useful
> information, are (quite strangely) two differentthings.  That, also is
> the amazing implications of entangled photons.

It does sound like the obvious is being missed - so entangled photon
paris can be created, and we can know at one end, if the photon at the
other end is "read", and this apparently happens at at a minimum of
10k.c;

Surely, one could simply create a suitably large number of entangled
photon pairs, as an array, and then read them, or not read them, at the
end you want to "send" information from, and "detect" (so this weird
quantum mechanics story goes) those reads at the other end.

Read + Not read = 1 bit.

What seems to be implied in the stories so far is that the information
must be transmitted through changing states of a single entangled photon
- which assumption makes no sense at all. There's a purported phenomena,
use it!

What are we missing here?