I swear I'm not making this up

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 09:42:16 PDT 2016

 From: Bastiani Fortress <bastianifortress at yandex.com>
Schneier, stating the obvious... These things happen all the time though, don't they? What good does it do to whine about it?
9:25 AM, August 4, 2016, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com>:

"Russia has attacked the US in cyberspace in an attempt to influence
our national election, many experts have concluded. We need to take
this national security threat seriously and both respond and defend,
despite the partisan nature of this particular attack"
signed - schneier, tor supreme.

However, within the last couple of days,  I have seen speculation on the Internet that it was the NSA behind the hack of the DNC.  (Not that I don't think it might have been ALSO Russia. Apparently the NSA is just furious about how little care Hillary exhibited in the storage and content of her communications, as well as her lying about it.     To me, the identity and motives of this specific attacker are entirely unimportant:  It is clear that the Democrats are just trying to divertattention from their own.   What I do notice is that when it was Hillary's private server that perhaps was being hacked, the media and government said a collective "ho hum", but when the DNC got that treatment, suddenly the FBI is motivated to act.  Double-standard?              Jim Bell