Pay for Play, Influence Peddling, Tor and Hillary/Russia

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 23:29:14 PDT 2016

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 05:21:06 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> PGP 1.0 also worked exactly
> as designed.  It was limited to keylengths of 1024 bits,as I recall,
> which no doubt Phil Zimmerman considered sufficient for a first
> attempt.. Eventually it was considered by others desireable to issue
> revisions allowing much-longer keylengths.

	25 years ago when pgp was released a 1024 bits key seemed
	reasonable.

>  Does anybody claim that
> Zimmerman was intent on making ahoney-pot?

	Zimmerman was never a US military contractor as far as I know
	and he didn't write pgp for the US military.

	Quite the contrary, he was threatened by his government
	because of some 'export regulations' bullshit.

> Tor was/is a good start.
>  But it nevertheless should be improved

	You did not address my point =)

	Why would the US military do anything that goes against their
	interests. The idea is absurd from a 'theoretical point of
	view, and, as it's to be expected, real world evidence
	corroborates the theory.

	Have you looked into things like maidsafe? Their funding at
	least seems a bit more in line with libertarian and cypherpunks
	principles.