metro

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Tue Aug 2 06:20:00 PDT 2016

Dnia wtorek, 2 sierpnia 2016 04:50:53 CEST Mirimir pisze:
> > tl;dr setting up IPsec is a pain in the arse, so by the power of
> > way too many lines of Bash it has been made simpler. Comments, pull
> > requests, criticism welcome.
>
> I presume that this is a flavor of IPsec that NSA can't pwn.

Hopefully. If anyone has more info, please share!

> But why do we need IPsec? What's the advantage over OpenVPN?

I needed an encrypted back-end link between several servers, so that even if
any set of them goes down, encrypted comms keep working between all of the
rest.

OpenVPN felt more like client-server thingy, more slated towards a star
topology. IPsec is node-node (at least in this particular usecase).

But I might be missing something here, so again, comments welcome.

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Zmieniam klucz GPG :: http://rys.io/pl/147