Do you notice significant persistent change in climate?

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 13:06:06 PDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 11:33:28AM +1000, James A. Donald wrote:
>> Yes, the glaciers in Iceland are retreating - to reveal the ruins of
>> farmhouses.

>And while they melt they raise global sea levels, projected to raise
>a minimum of ~3ft bt 2100.  And sea levels won't magically stop raising
>at 2100. This spells fucking catastrophe for major coastal cities
-> e.g. New York, Miami, Bangkok, New Orleans, etc etc.
I've recently read that sea level is rising about 2.6-2.9 millimeters per year.  in 84 years, that would be 0.231 meters, or a bit less than one half foot.  Where do you get the "a minimum of 3 feet"?    Sea level rise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

|   |
Sea level rise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
   |   |

Another thing:  While I haven't done the numbers, perhaps the practice of pumping water from wells, almost always ending up in the oceans, will have some effect.   If that turns out to be significant, what is needed is a practice of restoring fresh water to water tables where it started.  (Or at least where it relatively recently happened to be.)