nsa taxis

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 13:54:32 PDT 2016

On Sun, 3 Apr 2016 16:13:45 -0400
grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/3/16, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 	I haven't looked at the current 'state of the art' in
> > 	decentralized markets lately, but some stuff has already
> > been coded, no? Problem is, it's not just a matter of coding...
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darknet_market#Market_types
>
> openbazaar market + ethereum payments + tor/i2p =
> current state of implemented art?

	I guess? On the other hand, remailers(to use a classic cpunk
	term) can't be trusted too much (understatement), especially
	tor.

> For things to take off... a product / service agnostic market,
> anonymous payments, p2p over anonymous overlay nets...
> all decentralized, with reputation. All are needed components
> for all sorts of free and open commerce to flourish.

	commerce of physical goods and services has this little problem
	known as delivery...

> > 	Also, anonimity and reputation-based systems don't mix
> > well..
>
> They mix perfectly.

	Not really. You get the best anonimity when everybody uses the
	same null 'key' and the same nickname, like, I don't know,
	"anonymous coward". Of course, in that case it's impossible to
	attach any reputation to anybody...

	Sure, it may be possible to keep your online reputation not too
	linked to your physical self but doing so is not trivial.

> Anonymity goes with compartmentalization
> and selective exposure of data. You are in control. If you decline
> to expose some nonobservable element that others find valuable
> to know, that's your choice, and theirs to rate accordingly. Bliss.
>
> In such a reputation enabled digital market, your Real-ID
> and whether you ate pancakes or steak for breakfast is
> irrelavent to getting me from A to B.

	Well, if you are specifically talking about car drivers (and
	passengers) it's pretty obvious that there can be no anonimity.

	Decentralized protocols are still desirable for a number of
	reasons, but they won't solve the underlying political
	problem : the existence of a group of psychos who call
	themselves 'the government'.