Do you notice significant persistent change in climate?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Apr 25 17:32:07 PDT 2016

On 4/25/16, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:16:04 +0300
> Georgi Guninski <guninski at guninski.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 11:33:28AM +1000, James A. Donald wrote:
>> > There have been colder years and colder decades before, and warmer
>> > years and warmer decades before.
>>
>> Having in mind there have been ice period, certainly long ago it have
>> been much colder.
>>
>> Is there easy to plot statistics say about for a century?
>>
>> To my knowledge global warming is scientifically accepted fact.
>
> 	And you complain about 'sheeple'...? Not to mention 'global
> 	warming' propaganda has been rebranded to 'climate change'
> 	propaganda. Please stick to the correct scientific terminolo

Exactly. This one time, about 25 years ago, when the latest "global
warming" media scare started, something just got to me, irritated me,
so I started expressing my 'sincere' concern about global cooling each
time "global warming" was raised - e.g. "actually, they firetrucked
up, it's global cooling that's coming". This one time, someone got
really concerned asking "REALLY?!!" and got all worried about global
cooling as I had an internal chuckle whilst maintaining my austere
frown and nodding sagely.

Then this one time, it all changed to "climate change" and I knew we
contrarians were on to something.

Then this one time, a few years ago, a science major said to me words
which rang loud, "the most abundant times we've been able to ascertain
in the Earth's history are when the carbon dioxide levels were 6 times
what they are now, and so for life on this planet the only thing we
have to worry about in the next few million years is a new ice age".

But hey that's probably all bullshit since the TV tells us we're about
to die and the solution is carbon tax.