"60 Minutes" hacks Congressman's phone

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 18:38:25 PDT 2016

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-hacking-your-phone/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2014/12/18/german-researchers-discover-a-flaw-that-could-let-anyone-listen-to-your-cell-calls-and-read-your-texts/

2016 Apr 17 Correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi reports on how cellphones and
mobile phone networks are vulnerable to hacking

The following script is from "Hacking Your Phone" which aired on April
17, 2016.  Sharyn Alfonsi is the correspondent.  Howard L. Rosenberg
and Julie Holstein, producers.

A lot of modern life is interconnected through the Internet of things
-- a global empire of billions of devices and machines. Automobile
navigation systems.  Smart TVs.  Thermostats.  Telephone networks.
Home security systems.  Online banking.  Almost everything you can
imagine is linked to the world wide web.  And the emperor of it all is
the smartphone.  You've probably been warned to be careful about what
you say and do on your phone, but after you see what we found, you
won't need to be warned again.

We heard we could find some of the world's best hackers in Germany...