Snowden on the Twitters

Cathal (Phone) cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Wed Sep 30 09:49:43 PDT 2015

Bittorrent's stuff is always closed and obscure. Don't trust.

Ages back I live-tweeted (topical!) my explorations into BTSync back when they were claiming 256 bit AES. Suffice toto say.. no. They were using AES256 with a 20-something-byte key..base32 encoded. I don't even.

They'll happily advertise security while not even grasping that entropy doesn't increase with encoding overheads.