tox

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Mon Sep 28 13:37:18 PDT 2015

Dnia poniedziałek, 28 września 2015 08:56:13 Razer pisze:
> On 09/28/2015 07:47 AM, Cathal Garvey wrote:
> > The hardest UX part of Jitsi meet is
> > teaching people to click "Allow Camera and Mic" on first visit.. you'd
> > be surprised how big a deal this is for people actually.
>
> From the pine nut gallery. No. I'm not surprised at all. Some people
> just don't do certain things 'the first time'...

Well, there's also a question of how anal-retentive you want to be about it. I
tend to be somewhere between "very" and "extremely", which usually gets the
otehr side to actually use Etherpads instead of Googl Docs; Tox or
https://palava.tv instead of Skype; etc.

Actually, I do not have a GDocs account, and I do not have a Skype account.
That makes things a bit awkward sometimes, but in the end there is *always* a
way to communicate, and if somebody is unwilling to use a tool that does not
require me to give my data to the Microsofts and Googles of this world, than I
tend to just assume that the whole deal is not worth my time.

And you know what? I don't remember the last time I had to make that
assumption.

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak